You will get remarkable results when you repurpose your top social media posts, especially your Instagram posts, for your email marketing campaigns. Most of the marketers today are more inclined to using repurposed content for their email marketing campaigns, which often need to be sent in bulk to a group of customers. This is because this approach provides them with lots of benefits, as follows:
- This will not only keep your content evergreen but will also ensure a high open-rate and conversion rate.
- These repurposed contents updated very quickly and will stay fresh for a long time.
- It will prove to be one of the most excellent ways to drive more organic traffic to your website.
- It will also help you to build a far more dedicated audience who will have the trust in you and your brand as well.
However, repurposing content can only be useful when you follow a specific process and take only great content. You will also need to promote it effectively across other social channels as well to get your emails, and others posts work just like the way you want.
- You must create a list of each piece of content that you want to promote
- Enlist the best takeaways, facts, stats, and quotes that stand out and
- Create each piece of content and snippets that will outline the critical message of your content.
You must also ask a few thought-provoking questions so that the audience clicks through to your content. In addition to that you must:
- Post a URL with the content title, use quotes wherever applicable to spark interest and
- Write a teasing statement to draw the attention of your audience to your post and encourage them to click-through and subscribe to your email list.
All these may be a bit difficult initially for you, which is why you should call for the expertise of professional marketers like Gramista or others.
Use unique links
When you want to use Instagram content for repurposing, make sure that you use unique links so that you can make the best use of the IGTV feature. This will make your repurposing efforts much easier and allow you to post these in many different places outside the platform.
- You will find some of the best and most unique Instagram links to attach with your content when you tap on the three dots located at the top right corner and tap on “copy link.” You can share the unique Instagram link wherever you want.
- You will also find some useful links on IGTV itself when you pick a video you want to share and clock on the three dots at the bottom right corner and like your Instagram post and click on “copy link.”
- You can also share your Instagram posts with your email subscribers by hyperlinking these posts in your email. This is an excellent way to leverage your leads.
If you want to have better results, then you can also cross-promote those posts and IGTV on Facebook. This will create a better opportunity to introduce your Instagram content to your Facebook followers, who may not follow you on Instagram. This means that you will be able to connect with more of your potential customers. Just make sure that your posts and IGTV are relevant to the followers; otherwise, it will be considered as spammy.
Share Instagram posts in Stories
You should also start using Stories to reshare your Instagram posts because more and more users are now paying more attention to Instagram Stories. It is, for this reason, more and more marketers and brands are keen to use Instagram Stories to drive the focus of their followers to their email list or for simply sharing their new campaign.
This is an excellent strategy to present your posts and brand in front of more eyeballs. This is also an easy process. All you have to do is:
- Go to the post that you want to share on Instagram feed
- Tap on the airplane icon located at the lower left-hand side and
- Click on “add post to your story.”
You will get your first option in the blue text. After that, you will have to adjust the photo so that it matches with the theme of the Stories. You can change the size of the image or even add new style elements to it, such as a text or an animated GIF. Just make sure that you give the users enough context so that they understand the Call to Action. This is because the caption will be cut off.
Focus on creative content
If you want to connect more with your audience, you must focus on creative content only. A lot of your email marketing success will depend on your creativity. It will play a significant role in providing the benefits of your message to the people such as:
- It will make your message look unique and not like an outright advertisement
- It will also help you in branding allowing you to fulfill the basic requirements of the Instagram platform and your strategy and
- It will increase the chances of people following you and engaging with your brand.
In short, you will be able to tap on their interest with the visuals in your messages, which will eventually shorten the sales process making it comparatively easy. Most importantly, it will enable the users to make a buying decision or a purchase without having to leave the site. This ensures better buying and customer experience, adding on to the prospects of them signing in with your email list.
Here are a few additional tips that will help you to build your email list significantly using Instagram.
- Focus on the recent events that are dominating the industry
- Repurpose and post commentary on your social media accounts
- Use social discussions and events as a springboard
- Use user-generated content and quotes and
- List all social testimonials or social proof.
A little effort will take you, your brand, and your email marketing a long way working both ways: repurpose social content for the email and vice versa.
Guest article written by Walter Moore
Walter Moore is a notable management consultant and digital marketing expert. He is an experienced digital marketer and has helped e-commerce businesses in all niches gain with his effective marketing strategies and guidance.
Subscribe to monthly marketing tips
Once a month, you’ll get a useful email that gives you an action plan for how you can grow your brand. In it, you’ll find: